Dr. JoAnn Deak, psychologist and author, will speak on Tuesday, September 21st at Newton Country Day School. Dr. Deak is an internationally renowned expert in the development of girls. She is the author of How Girls Thrive, Girls Will Be Girls: Raising Confident and Courageous Daughters and the soon to be published trilogy Brainology for Teens, Parents and Teachers. Dr. Deak will address these issues:
- How do our relationships with our daughters affect their ability to build strong and healthy relationships with friends?
- How do girls develop the courage to stand up to unkind and bullying behaviors?
- What can be put in place at home to help our daughters to develop healthy attitudes about their bodies?
- The role brain chemistry plays in your daughter's behavior and choices.
- How can you help your daughter navigate the negative influences in our culture?
Dr. Deak will speak to fathers from 7:30-9:00 a.m. and mothers from 4:30-6:00 p.m. in the theatre.