This timetable has been developed to help the student keep abreast of the activities, deadlines, and responsibilities that she will have to take care of as she prepares for college.
- Juniors begin reading college guides, catalogs and websites.
- ACT Registration Deadline-January 12 for February 10 Test
- College Guidance Kickoff Meeting with Parents-January 18, 7 p.m., Duchesne Hall
- February 9: Registration deadline for March 10 SAT
- February 10: ACT
- Naviance passwords for students distributed.
- Parents begin scheduling appointments with the College Guidance Office. Note: Parents should only schedule a meeting after they have completed the Parent Questionnaire and their daughter has met individually with the College Guidance Office.
- Juniors are encouraged to pursue a variety of constructive summer plans (i.e. exchange programs, volunteer work, summer enrichment courses, work experience, internships, etc.). There are many challenging and exciting programs open to high school rising Seniors; many programs are advertised in the NCDS library.
- Plan for visiting colleges during March Break
- March 9: Registration deadline for April 14 ACT
- March 10: SAT
- Juniors continue making individual appointments with the College Guidance Office.
- Students should visit colleges over March Break.
- Juniors should continue pursuing their summer plans.
- Juniors continue making individual appointments with the College Guidance Counselor.
- April 6: Registration deadline for May 5 SAT
- April 14: ACT
- BISCCA College Fair at Milton Academy, Date TBA
- Group meeting with Juniors to discuss Subject Tests and Teacher Recommendations.
- May 3: Registration Deadline for June 2 SAT
- May 4: Registration Deadline for June 9 ACT
- May 5: SAT
- May 7-8: Boston National College Fair at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
- Juniors receive summer college guidance assignment.
- Students continue to meet with the College Guidance Office to explore college options and to discuss senior year course selection.
- Juniors contact colleges they plan to visit to arrange tours and interviews. If a student plans to pursue athletics, the arts, or a particular major, she should request a meeting with someone in that area.
- June 2: SAT
- June 9: ACT
- July 27: Anticipated registration deadline for anticipated August 26 SAT
- Visit colleges. (Students should plan college visits for the summer as the fall is a hectic time for seniors.)
- Complete College Guidance summer assignment.
- Juniors should explore financial aid and scholarship opportunities. A visit to the Education Resources Institute at the Boston Public Library is recommended.
- August 2: Anticipated Registration Deadline for anticipated September 8 ACT
At every college, acceptance is contingent upon the student's maintaining or improving her level of achievement. The institutions retain the prerogative to withdraw the acceptance if the student demonstrates a marked drop in performance.Specific deadlines and detailed information on submitting applications are distributed in September.
- September 8: Registration deadline for October 7 SAT
- September 9: ACT
- September 22: Registration deadline for October 28 ACT
- Seniors meet with College Guidance Office to discuss college list, visits, interviews, etc.
- Seniors register for the October and November SATs and the October ACTs.
- Senior Group begins. Students submit first draft of college essay and Common Application.
- Seniors attend college representative presentations at NCDS.
- October 1: FAFSA available to file
- October 3: MEFA seminar "Paying for College: Seminar on Financial Aid" for parents/gaurdians, 7-8:30 p.m., Noble and Greenough School
- October 6: Registration deadline for November 4 SAT
- October 7: SAT
- October 28: ACT
- Seniors register for December SAT and Subject Tests.
- All applications for Early Decision/Early Action with November deadlines will be completed and forms submitted to College Guidance at least two weeks prior to deadline.
- Seniors continue to attend college presentations at NCDS.
- Seniors should continue exploring financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- November 3: Registration deadline for December 2 SAT
- November 3: Registration deadline for December 9 ACT
- November 4: SAT
- SAT and Subject Tests. (Language with Listening tests are only offered in November.)
- All applications for December deadlines will be completed and forms submitted to College Guidance at least two weeks prior to deadline.
- The CSS Profile registration (for financial aid) becomes available
- December 2: SAT
- December 9: ACT
- Early application notification
- Work on supplements for Regular Decision
- BISCCA Financial Aid Information Night for parents.
- Seniors should submit forms to College Guidance Office for colleges with deadlines in January or later.
- Students should register for the CSS Profile by mid-December once final college lists are completed.
- Time to recommit to Senior year studies. Although applications have been sent, all colleges will receive senior grades at the end of January.
- Complete financial aid applications.
- Seniors should begin thinking about their summer plans. There are many challenging and exciting programs open to recent high school graduates.
- Students should inform the College Guidance Office of all admissions decisions and scholarship awards as they arrive.
- Regular application notification
- Students should inform the College Guidance Office of all admissions decisions and scholarship awards.
- Seniors begin final decision-making based on offers of admission and financial aid.
- Seniors complete Senior Projects (April-May)
- Students make decision on where they will attend and send in one deposit--due May 1, Candidate’s Reply Date.
- Seniors should advise College Guidance Office of plans to remain active on wait lists.