This timetable has been developed to help students keep abreast of the activities, deadlines, and responsibilities that she will have to take care of as she prepares for college.
- Begin reading college guides, catalogs, and websites.
- January 10: Registration Deadline for February 8 ACT
- January 16, 7 p.m.: College Guidance Kickoff Meeting with Parents, Duchesne Hall
- February 8: ACT
- February 14: Registration deadline for March 14 SAT
- February 29: Registration deadline for April 4 SAT
- Naviance passwords for students distributed.
- Parents begin scheduling appointments with the College Guidance Office. Note: Parents should only schedule a meeting after they have completed the Parent Questionnaire and their daughter has met individually with the College Guidance Office.
- Juniors are encouraged to pursue a variety of constructive summer plans (exchange programs, volunteer work, summer enrichment courses, work experience, internships, etc.). There are many challenging and exciting programs open to rising Seniors.
- Plan for visiting colleges during March Break.
- March 14: SAT
- Continue making individual appointments with the College Guidance Office.
- Students should visit colleges over March Break.
- Continue pursuing summer plans.
- Continue making individual appointments with a College Guidance Counselor.
- April 3: Registration deadline for May 2 SAT
- April 13: ACT
- April 30-May 1: Boston National College Fair at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
- TBD: BISCCA College Fair at Milton Academy
- Group meeting with to discuss Subject Tests and Teacher Recommendations.
- May 2: SAT
- May 8: Registration Deadline for June 6 SAT
- May 8: Registration Deadline for June 13 ACT
- Receive summer college guidance assignment.
- Continue to meet with the College Guidance Office to explore college options and to discuss senior year course selection.
- Students contact colleges they plan to visit to arrange tours and interviews. If a student plans to pursue athletics, the arts, or a particular major, she should request a meeting with someone in that area.
- June 6: SAT
- June 13: ACT
- June 19: Registration Deadline for July 18 ACT
- July 31: Anticipated registration deadline for anticipated August 29 SAT
- July 31: Anticipated registration deadline for anticipated September 5 SAT
- Visit colleges. (Students should plan college visits for the summer as the fall is a hectic time for seniors.)
- Complete College Guidance summer assignment.
- Explore financial aid and scholarship opportunities. A visit to the Education Resources Institute at the Boston Public Library is recommended.
At every college, acceptance is contingent upon the student maintaining or improving her level of achievement. The institutions retain the prerogative to withdraw the acceptance if the student demonstrates a marked drop in performance. Specific deadlines and detailed information on submitting applications are distributed in September.
- September 4: Registration deadline for October 3 SAT
- September 5: ACT
- September 18: Registration deadline for October 24 ACT
- Meet with the College Guidance Office to discuss college list, visits, interviews, etc.
- Register for the October and November SATs and the October ACTs.
- Senior Group begins. Students submit first draft of college essay and Common Application.
- Attend college representative presentations at NCDS.
- October 1: FAFSA available to file
- October 3: SAT
- Anticipated in early October: MEFA seminar "Paying for College: Seminar on Financial Aid" for parents/gaurdians, 7-8:30 p.m., Noble and Greenough School
- October 9: Registration deadline for November 7 SAT
- October 24: ACT
- October 30: Registration deadline for December 5 ACT
- Register for December SAT and Subject Tests.
- All applications for Early Decision/Early Action with November deadlines will be completed and forms submitted to College Guidance at least two weeks prior to deadline.
- Continue to attend college presentations at NCDS.
- Continue exploring financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- November 6: Registration deadline for December 5 SAT
- November 7: SAT
- SAT and Subject Tests. (Language with Listening tests are only offered in November.)
- All applications for December deadlines will be completed and forms submitted to College Guidance at least two weeks prior to deadline.
- The CSS Profile registration (for financial aid) becomes available
- December 5: SAT
- December 5: ACT
- Early application notification
- Work on supplements for Regular Decision
- BISCCA Financial Aid Information Night for parents.
- Submit forms to College Guidance Office for colleges with deadlines in January or later.
- Register for the CSS Profile by mid-December once final college lists are completed.
- Time to recommit to Senior year studies. Although applications have been sent, all colleges will receive senior grades at the end of January.
- Complete financial aid applications.
- Begin thinking about your summer plans. There are many challenging and exciting programs open to recent high school graduates.
- Inform the College Guidance Office of all admissions decisions and scholarship awards as they arrive.
- Regular application notification
- Inform the College Guidance Office of all admissions decisions and scholarship awards.
- Begin final decision-making based on offers of admission and financial aid.
- Complete Senior Project (April-May)
- Students make decision on where they will attend and send in one deposit--due May 1, Candidate’s Reply Date.
- Seniors should advise College Guidance Office of plans to remain active on wait lists.