Newton Country Day is one of the Boston area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna for the submission of online applications. Ravenna allows you to apply efficiently to schools and track the status of your application online. Additionally, through Ravenna you will be able to RSVP for admission events and view admissions decisions.
How to Start
To begin your application, go to Ravenna and create an account. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admission season as this will be your primary email contact with our school.
The application fee is $50 and is paid through Ravenna. Please call the Admission office at (617) 244-4246 if this fee presents a hardship for your family.
Support or Help
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please contact them. Ravenna is happy to answer your inquiry by phone, however, they require that all support inquiries are initiated through the email address you used to create your Ravenna account. It is important that they are able to validate your access to any information about your applicant’s account to protect your privacy.
Standardized Testing Requirement
Applicants to Middle School should take the ISEE. We will also accept the MAP Growth test for applicants who are applying to the Boston Exam Schools.
Applicants to Upper School should take the SSAT. We will also accept the Catholic High School Placement Test (HSPT) for applicants to Grade 9. Applicants to Grades 10 and 11 may submit PSAT/ACT/SAT scores for their testing requirement.
Tests should be taken no later than the end of January. While NCDS does not recommend taking a test more than once, all test scores submitted will be considered in the application process. Please call the Admission Office if an applicant will be unable to complete any of these test options.
For more information about the ISEE, click here. Newton Country Day's school code for the ISEE is 221530.
For more information about the SSAT, click here. Newton Country Day's school code for the SSAT is 5332.
Non-Discriminatory Admission Policy
Newton Country Day School of the Sacred Heart, a school for girls, admits qualified students of any race, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, tuition assistance programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Interview and Tour
By January 31, 2024
Application and Essay(s)
By January 15, 2024
Transcripts and Testing Scores (ISEE or SSAT)
By January 15, 2024 (scores of tests taken through January 31 will be accepted)
Teacher and Personal Recommendations
By January 15, 2024
Admission Decision Notification
March 10, 2024
Deadline for submission of the following:
- Preliminary application with application fee of $50
- Parent Statement
- Student Statement and Essay
- Student Interview (interviews may be scheduled through the end of January, if necessary)
- Student's academic transcript for the past and current years (first semester and second quarter grades should be submitted as soon as they are available.)
- Recommendation forms from current English and math teachers, as well as principal or guidance counselor
- Scores from the ISEE (preferred for students entering the Middle School) or SSAT (preferred for students entering Upper School). We will also accept the Catholic High School Placement Test (HSPT) for students applying to Upper School. PSAT/SAT/ACT scores will be accepted for applicants to Grades 11.
- Optional: Personal or Special Interest recommendation form (please limit to two)
- Applications for tuition assistance must be submitted through Clarity.
Deadline for submitting the following:
Documentation of your 2022 and 2023 tax returns with attachments should be submitted through Clarity if you wish to be considered for tuition assistance.
Admission decisions for all completed applicants will be available by logging into your Ravenna account on March 10 after 3 p.m. Admission decisions will not be delivered by mail.
For more information please call or email the Admission Office.