Plan Your Visit
We encourage you to explore our website, including our Virtual Visit page, before scheduling your interview. Interviews for applicants and at least one parent or guardian will begin in late September and will take place either in person or on Zoom. You should allow approximately 90 minutes for your in-person tour and interview or 45 minutes for your Zoom interview. Please call the Admission Office at (617) 244-4246 to schedule your appointment.
In addition to the tour/ interview and website, there are a number of other opportunities to Get to Know Newton during the admissions process.
- Each fall, the school hosts three Prospective Parent Coffees. During these informal morning events, members of the Admission Office and current parents will answer questions and help prospective parents get to know the school.
- Each year, Admission hosts an Open House the first Sunday of November so that prospective students and parents/guardians may come to know our dynamic community and learn about our balanced program of academics, arts, athletics, and service.
- In January, Curriculum Night will give families the opportunity to hear from faculty and students about our academic and extracurricular program. More information about this event will be available later this fall.
- The Admission Office hosts monthly Virtual Admission "Office Hours" to answer questions and provide information.
- Accepted families will have the opportunity to participate in Shadow Days and other events in late March/early April.
“What makes NCDS special is how close knit the community is. Everybody is able to rely on their classmates and teachers for help and guidance, which is easy due to the small class size.”Molly Ropelewski ’19
Interview and Tour
By January 31, 2020
Application and Essay(s)
By January 15, 2020
Transcripts and Testing Scores (ISEE or SSAT)
By January 15, 2020 (scores of tests taken in January will be accepted)
Teacher and Personal Recommendations
By January 15, 2020
Admission Decision Notification
March 10, 2020