Middle School Athletic Team Policies
Middle School Athletes:
- Understand that representing the school is an honor
- Respect self and team
- Appreciated teammates
- Are serious students
- Build community
- Have a positive attitude towards teammates, opposing team, coaches, and referees
- Are flexible
- Learn from their mistakes
- Are team players
- Encourage and support each other
- Always exercise self-control
- HAVE FUN!
- Students are expected to attend all practices and games.
- Unexcused absences should rarely occur.
- If an athlete needs to miss a game or practice, they must communicate directly with their coach.
- If they cannot reach their coach, they may communicate with Mr. Ebling.
- Practices and games should not be missed for academic reasons.
- Make up assessments and homework must be completed at times to not conflict with team commitments.
- Missing practices and games will impact playing time in future games.
- All athletes will be afforded equal playing time in games throughout the season.
- Regular absences will directly affect playing time.
- Any discussions regarding playing time should occur between the athlete and their coach.
- Teams will be established based on skill, attitude, knowledge of the game, and effort in tryouts.
- Athletes will be placed on the team that will best support them in their development of the necessary skills for the sport.