Network Exchange FAQs
- Who can apply to participate in the Network Exchange?
- How do I apply for exchange?
- Are all exchanges reciprocal?
- What is expected of the host student and her family?
- How long is the exchange? When do students schedule their exchange?
- How many students participate each year?
- Where can I visit on exchange?
- What is the cost of exchange?
We hope that our girls and their families show their visitors the same courtesy and hospitality that they hope to be extended during their visit. Students should not host someone if they know that they have a significant weekend or evening commitments during the visit. It is expected that our girls will maintain their academic and sport/art activities. We also hope that they plan their unscheduled time in a way that allows for their guest to explore Boston and its many opportunities.
Typically exchanges are 3-4 weeks. Most exchanges take place in March or June/July. We host students in October, November, January, February, March, and April. However, we recommend that Newton students travel in March in order to take advantage of Spring Vacation, or during the summer in the case of host schools that are in session in June, July, and August.
“Exchange was a wonderful opportunity to experience the Sacred Heart community in another country. My hostess and her family warmly welcomed me to Dublin and graciously introduced me to the Irish culture. I attended classes, rugby and field hockey games, and spent time with the Sacred Heart students and their families.”Kathleen Westover '18, Ireland